BLANK

 

         
         

The following page provides a range of photos of Ambulances in 
Victoria's Ambulance Service between 1951 & 1960

 

 
 

1951

Colac Hospital's new 1951 Ford Custom Twin Spinner Ambulance.

Click Here to go to additional photos of Victoria's Ford Custom Twin Spinner Ambulances

 
 
 

1951

A Wangaratta 1951 Ford Custom Twin Spinner boot loading stretcher Ambulance.

Click Here to go to additional photos of Victoria's Ford Custom Twin Spinner boot loading Ambulances

 
 
 

1952

Geelong's 1952 Ford Customline Ambulance.

Click Here to go to additional photos of Victoria's Ford Customline Ambulances

 
 
 

1952

Horsham's Ambulance fleet in 1949 from left to right, the 1948 Dodge 108 Suburban, 1947 WC Dodge, and a 1952 Peugeot 206.

 
 
 

1952

Victoria's 1947 WC Dodge Ambulance.

Click Here to go to additional photos of Victoria's WC Dodge Ambulance

 
 
 

1953

Latrobe Valley's headquarters in Morwell in 1953 with (from left to right) a 1953  1949 Dodge 108 Suburban, 1951 Twin Spinner boot loader, 1949 Single Spinner and 1951 Twin Spinner.

 
 
 

1954

Melbourne's Ambulance staff in preparation for the Royal visit.

 
 

1954

Melbourne's fleet in 1954 outside Lonsdale St Headquarters. Includes the 1950's Dodge Coronet and the 1947 Oldsmobile Ace.

 
 

1954

Leongatha's Branch, the Headquarters of the South Gippsland District Ambulance Service soon after it's opening in 1954.

 
 
 

1954

Shepparton Headquarters of the South Gippsland District Ambulance Service soon after it's opening

Click Here for more photos of the Branch

 
 
 

1954

In 1954 Melbourne introduced two way radios (pictured here) into all Ambulances in preparation for the Royal Tour.

 
 

1954

Melbourne's 1954 Dodge Coronet  Ambulance.

Click Here to go to additional photos of Victoria's Dodge Coronet Ambulances

 
 

1955

Geelong Ambulance Headquarters around 1955 with 4 Ford Customline's and 2 Ford Mercury's.

 
 

1956

Ballarat's 1956 Holden FC Ambulance.

Click Here for more photos and information on the Ford Mainline used by Victoria's Ambulance Service.

 
 

1956

The official opening of the new South Western Region Ambulance Headquarters on the 26 February 1956. 

Click Here for more photos of the Warnambool HQ

 
 

1957

North Eastern Region's 1957 Ford Mainline and it's interior layout. 

Click Here for more photos and information on the Ford Mainline used by Victoria's Ambulance Service.

Click here for photos of Victoria's restored Ambulance vehicles.

 
 
 

1959

Introduced into Service in 1959, the Ford Custom 300 Ambulance was a low cost version of the Fairlane.  This one built by Bodycraft Ambulance builders in Geelong for the Eastern Victorian Region.

 
 

1959

1959 Ford Fairlane from North Eastern Region.

Click Here for more photos and information on the Ford Fairlane used by Victoria's Ambulance Service.

 

1960

In 1960, the first of the Ford F-100’s began being introduced into Victoria’s Ambulance Service.

Pictured here is Werribee’s F-100

Click Here for more photos and information on the 1960 F-100 used by Victoria's Ambulance Service.

 
 

1960

Yarrum's 1960 Chrysler Royal Ambulance.

Click Here to go to additional photos of Victoria's Chrysler Royal Ambulances

 
 
 

1960

Melbourne's 1960 Dodge Clinic Car Division vehicle.

 

Click Here to Return to the Pictorial Ambulance History Page

 
 

Station  History

Station Vehicles

Home Page

Station Construction

Station Staff

         

Station Equipment

 Accident Photos

Kids Page

Ambulance Photos

Other Links

         

 

 

Index